Thursday 7 April 2016

Being a Super Mum aka Being a 100% Parent

When we become parents, we tend to have this expectation from ourself to give the best and 100% to our kids. And when time pass we do try to make it happen for our kids, but like me there are many parents who tend to think every night that today would have been abit more better if a certain incident wouldn't have occurred. From certain incident I mean things like a tantrum where child was bit over tired, etc. If you are one of those parents who go into guilt when something goes wrong or when you were alittle harsh on your little one where you could have been super calmed according to the various articles and parenting tips, I know what you feel, I have been there.

Even though all the parenting tips and articles are a huge help when your moral is low and you need some positive feedback plus just to know there are more parents like you who go through such things, they are not always written by a parent. Every child is different and so does every parent. Doesn't mean that any parent want abit less for their child but still its different when you hear it from a parent or someone who have done loads of study on that topic. As theory wise it makes sense and feels doable, but when you are a parent in that particular situation than the theory makes no sense.

Just like today we had an awesome day, we went to park and than to my little one's friends house for a play date, but by the time I realized she was too tired it was too late. As she was abit restless and crying due to little things, and me trying to make her understand that she is tired and we have to go home to rest didn't make any sense to my DD. According to kids its impossible for them to get tired, and no way they want to miss out on all the play and excitement by having a nap. Our so called good day came to an end with she crying over little things and me trying to drag her to the car so we could get home and she could have alittle rest. We were home in 5 minutes and in next 5 minutes she was already asleep, I must mention when we got home she still wanted to play more with Lego, but I told her off in a firm voice and asked her to lay down in bed. With my denial she got big fat tears in her eyes, which like always broke my heart again but I knew the best thing was to be firm and make her rest and hopefully she will fall asleep. Before I knew she was asleep.

Today was suppose to be a great day according to my expectation, but it wasn't as my DD ended up crying and I feel like a failure, but now when she is asleep all I can think of is that the most important thing is that even though she did got over tired and had a cry, but I learned something from today and may be I will be able to recognize her tiredness much better next time. But above all I did it again, I expected again that I can be a 100% wonderful parent. Where as the truth is if you get a day even 50% great being a parent, then that is beyond any calculation. Less you expect, more you will give. All we need to remind ourself is that they are little and there will be few cries during the day, but all that matters is that how many smiles you had.

Everyday is a new adventure with your little one, no one said it will be a plain road all the times, there will be few bumps here and there, but all that matters it that the adventure you had will give you and your little one great memories for life long. So stop trying to be a super mum and just get along, make few mistakes and then learn from them. Remember when you fall and stand up that will teach your little one that its ok to fall sometimes, but also give them courage to stand up tall again. Be a mentor to your kids, practice what you preach and always remember you are world to your little one.

This one for my little gorgeous DD, whom I love to Moon and back.. <3

Thanks for reading.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your generous comment. Follow me on Google+ So that you do not miss out on my future posts.
:)