Thursday 14 April 2016

Smile Can take you a Long Way..

Today when I went for grocery shopping somehow in one aisle there were too many people with trolleys and I stopped for four of them from which one was staff member bringing stock. But out of those four people only one lady appreciated that I gave them away and said thank you to me. Rest of the three had a blank face, not even a single smile. For the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking that what has overcome our mind that we are so stressed through out the whole day that we don't even have time to relax? And more over have we got no ethics or respect for others?


When I came to Melbourne 10 years ago it used to be the most friendly place, but things have slowly slowly changed. I did spend 2 years in Sydney where I realized that Sydney is not as friendly as Melbourne, but are we becoming like that as well? Does it really takes too much of our precious time to give a smile to someone? I am someone who usually have a smily face, and like to look at others with a bright face, but I don't get a smile back always. May be what I do is not normal for other people, I might be a freak who smiles without any reason. But I like to be happy and that's what has helped me so far even in my bad times, through my separation/divorce and every up and down.


A smile can take you a long way and that has definitely worked in my life. Giving a smile to someone is like giving a helping hand to someone without even realizing, I remember when I was a newbie here in Australia and was badly struggling with home sickness, a complete stranger gave me that very well needed dose of Smile, while I was sitting with a sad face in tram. I cant thank enough that stranger as with one smile he made me realize that life will never be great, something will always be missed. You can never fulfill all of your dreams, sometimes your priorities change and sometimes with time your dream will change, but as long as you learn to live in the moment nothing can take you down.


I might not have a show off apartment or car like other people, but I am content and happy. I have something which you cant buy with money, a freedom, a beautiful daughter and everyday to look forward to. I have seen many struggling in getting that bigger house or that bigger car and missing out on the simple things and enjoying it with family and close friends.


Lets start thanking for little things in life, appreciate that you wokeup this morning and you have food on the table and roof on top. These might be very normal things for you but for  many these basic necessities are the top priorities.


Last but not the least, My Motto.. A Smile can take you a Long Way.. :)


Thank you for reading, Have a wonderful smiling day..





1 comment:

  1. True.... Actually people get so inclined in living on surfaces that they forget a simple fact that it holds many surprises at its depth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your generous comment. Follow me on Google+ So that you do not miss out on my future posts.
:)