Saturday 21 May 2016

Motherhood for a Single Parent

When anyone starts to plan a baby, all the thoughts and expectation are usually positive. Being a mum is a miracle and not everyone can enjoy this wonderful thing, but it also come with some drawbacks. Just like everyone when I was expecting, I had all this thoughts about how will i raise my little one and what all i will do for her, but somehow reality is totally different. I received many messages about how motherhood is different if you are a single parent and also regarding how I cope with day to day struggles. And if you are someone like me who have no family/relatives/friends to help around, than a bit salute to you my friend, its hard very hard and not everyone can get it plus not every can do it. So this blog is dedicated to those mums asking me questions regarding what i do to go through a normal busy day. 

First of all everyday is different, i cannot sum-up a formula which will work everyday to not loose your sanity. I am not super-woman, even i loose it sometimes, but then i just remind myself that regardless how crap i am feeling, this little person needs me and only got me for everything, and somehow this does help me bring back a smile on my face. Some mums are blessed with calm kids, I am not one of them, my little bundle of joy is actually a bundle of too much energy. Regardless how busy i make her, she still find ways to make me tired. By end of the day i am tired and longing for a quite time for myself. One more thing that i have seen has worked so far is by only worrying about present. This not only helps you to relax but also takes pressure out to make things happen in advance.

Never compare your kid, every child is different regardless of age and height. Never put that pressure in your head about how your kid is performing at school, as long as the child is doing his/her best in studies and not hitting or bullying someone. 

Teach your child to share and be nice to others, it will take time and some kids will understand in one go and others will take you to repeat quite a few times before they will start doing it. Repeat yourself again and again in front of them, do not keep a count of how many times you have done that already, lol. Some mums will tel you about how they told their kid once and ever since then they are behaving great, ignore them, every child is different. Don't focus on time out, instead focus on the positive behavior and it will help you to be positive.

Last but not the least, when you child is having a tantrum or just being a tough-child, remind yourself your age. This will not only remind you that how big age difference you have with your child but also give you few seconds to calm down and trust me you will act way better to your child's behavior after this. If its normal for you to loose yourself even being in your 30's than its quite normal for a child with age 10 times less than you to loose it as well. Your little one is still learning to cope with the everyday situations and as well as to control his/her emotions, you are their primary source and teacher.

To sum up, not everything will work fantastic everyday, Its normal to have few tantrums and upset moments during the day, its life. When its night and your little one is asleep plus you get your suite time, in 5 minutes you will miss that little person running around you. Every night when my daughter falls asleep, I thank God for another wonderful day and to help me cope with it.

Love them, hug them, always remember there are some who cant have them and you are lucky to be blessed with one.

Have a wonderful day with your bub.. You are doing the best for your bub.

Will look forward to your comments and messages...

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your generous comment. Follow me on Google+ So that you do not miss out on my future posts.
:)